coming at a subsequent time or stage
- "a later symptom of the disease"
- "later medical science could have saved the child"
- "Her late husband left her five million pounds."
being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time
- "had a late breakfast"
- "took a late flight"
- "a late movie"
- "late 18th century"
- "late evening"
Associated with the end of a period.
- "the late phase of feudalism"
- "Late Greek"
- "he's going to the store but he'll be back here later"
- "I'll see you later"
comparative of the adverb `late'
- "he stayed later than you did"