- "she wore her hair in an amazing construction of whirls and ribbons"
the act of constructing or building something
- "during the construction we had to take a detour"
the commercial activity involved in constructing buildings
- "their main business is home construction"
- [ construction ]
a group of words that form a constituent of a sentence and are considered as a single unit
- "I concluded from his awkward constructions that he was a foreigner"
an interpretation of a text or action
- "they put an unsympathetic construction on his conduct"
drawing a figure satisfying certain conditions as part of solving a problem or proving a theorem
- "the assignment was to make a construction that could be used in proving the Pythagorean theorem"